Monday, November 01, 2004

SOLUTION TO EXCESSIVE HALLOWEEN CANDY

I about died when I saw how much candy my 12 yr old came home with last night. I am sure that I am not alone and stand with millions of other parents (including those of the six friends my son went around the neighborhood with - - chaperoned, of course), when I ask what would be the most positive, least harmful way of disposing of this sugary enemy?

This is an attack or be attacked situation (I speak from last week's experience when my 15 yr old underwent a root canal). Therefore, I must prepare for battle!

So, when I picked up my son, on the car ride home I told him the deal. "Bren" I said. "You have 2 days to eat any and as much of that candy you wish, but in 2 days, I will take all candy remaining." He looked up at me with the greatest fear in his eyes, and clutched his pillow case filled with candy close to his chest, white knuckles and all. "No, Uh, Uh?" he said, shaking his head. "Yep," I said pleased with myself. He then pointed out to me that he could never eat all that candy in 2 days (Oh, Really? How terrible) Then he promised that he would not eat all of it if I didnt' take it. Hmm? How that would work exactly?

What do I plan on doing with the candy remaining? I think perhaps I will put it up on Craigslist, or give it to the the first person here who can guess my middle name.

No comments: