Thursday, February 24, 2005

Devotion for Today

We all have dreams of what we think would be the perfect life for ourselves. If we just had [fill in the blank], we are sure then we would be complete and fulfilled. How many of us though really ever come close to realizing those dreams? Rather, most of us live each day with a temporary mindset waiting for all of those things to happen while inevitably life passes us by.

In my case, I'm sure holding on to my "temporary mindset" protects me from having a complete nervous break-down. In fact, on really bad days, the belief that someday it won't be like this, is all that pulls me through.

As I reflect back on my life thus far, I realize that I really have come a long way to better the life for myself and my boys. However, despite the significant positive changes that have occured in my life, I still believe it should be better and so, I continue living as if this were only temporary.

And so, we forge through our lives living in what we view as a preliminary state to our eventual future happiness. We hold on to hope that "someday" our life will not be filled with so much anxiety, stress, unfullfillment and whatever we believe to be less than perfect, so as to avoid the dissappointment that maybe we are living the reality of our life.

In reality, today is the only day we have. There are no guaranties we will get another. What type of place would our world be if everyone out there lived each day believing there would be no other? Tonight when you watch the news, you will hear about the people who didn't.

Go out and live, love, learn and make someone else smile - Today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for a very good uplift! I am a grandpa who starts his everyday giving thanks. What a wonderful life I have! I am poorer than ever and richer in spirit than I have ever been. My love for life is so rewarding when I start my day giving it to Him. But I want to thank you.

Pat

Anne said...

Thanks for stopping by! I am happy that you found inspiration and have such a positive attitude. Hopefully you will continue to share that positive energy with your grandchildren so they can believe in the good things of life. Take care - - :)