Wednesday, September 29, 2004

IF YOUR FIRST DATE WAS TO A MOVIE LAST NIGHT - RED FLAG - HE'S CHEAP!

Last night was the 24th Annual Cans Film Festival supporting the Oregon Food Bank. I am surprised each year by the minimal number of people that show up to this event. This year was actually the biggest crowd I have seen over the last three years that we have attended. Last year they pulled in just under 125,000 lbs of food, so I am curious to hear what this year brought.

Although the evening is a good family event, it can get rather chaotic with everyone rushing around and from the long commission stand lines blocking the thoroughfares.

One of my complaints is the clogged lines of people waiting for free popcorn and other treats. I would think that Regal Cinemas would by now (I mean this is year 24) have thought up a faster and more effective system for getting people through the lines to their seats before the movie is half over.

Here is my solution: #1 Pre-bag the popcorn. Is that just Too Simple of an Idea or what?
#2 Select 1 line for free popcorn and hand it out assembly-line style.

Anyone wanting to buy other snack foods should have their own line. In addition, they should NOT have the option for butter on the free popcorn. IT is after all FREE. If you absolutely must have that salty, artery-clogging butter on your popcorn, then you may stand in the snack line with your popcorn, and wait your turn. There are just too many people to serve on free movie and popcorn night to handle them as on regular movie night. That's all for my opinion.

No comments: