Wednesday, April 06, 2005

In My Dreams

For the past week I have been having intense nightmares/dreams, whatever you want to call them. So, I decided to check further into the deeper meaning of the one that woke me up at 1:00 a.m. on Monday morning.

The Dream.

I was with my boys and we were out on a farm that had a river running right along the side of the house.
The main living area of the house had glass sliding doors that opened up to the river, which was only two feet or so away.
The frightening part? We were surrounded and being pursued by tornados.
At some point, I was outside searching for my boys, and the tornados were off in the distance, but they were fast approaching and it was getting very dark.
I was running, but could never run fast enough, and to make matters worse, the tornados were seemingly alive. They could think, and knew where I was hiding.

Everytime I found my boys and started to find a hiding spot, the tornado would appear lurking around the corner coming towards us. All around us things were flying through the air. I had this idea for all of us to jump in the river, which now had become a lake.
While I was trying to get everyone to jump in and hide under the dock, the tornados knew and we couldn't escape them long enough to get into the water.
Then I woke up.
Even awake, I still couldn't shake the fact that I never escaped them, and still felt like I must get back to save us.

So, in my meaningful search for why I had such a dream I found this Dream Dictionary Click on the letter "T" and see what it means to dream about tornados.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Of course, I went to the R to see what running was about in your dream. It's pretty interesting. I find the lake interesting too. I often dream I have to cross a river that is moving really fast and I have to do so on little rocks. Hmmm.