Monday, June 04, 2007

Energize Me Its Monday

Inevitably, the weekend has left us and took with it our beautiful sunshine. As much as I love, scratch that, crave the animated color and warmth of the sun as it beams down upon our northwest landscape, I won't move away to any other place that might enjoy its company more often than we do. So, I guess I love living among green things even more than I do being hit by sunbeams, as wonderful as that may be. It would be nice, however, if one of the results of "global warming", was for more sunshiny days in P-town.


I worked all weekend in my yard (except for my backyard - which, I am not going to touch- as I indicated in a previous post). And so, as the sun set yesterday evening after I had pushed the final pile of debris into the compost pile, upon impulse, I did a drive-by of my yard.

I drove around the block and back from every possible direction, to see what my blood (literally) and perspiration had inspired. And Mom said it was good. I had a small glimpse into how the creator may have felt after the seventh day.

When I found it to my satisfaction I decided to take a picture. Alas, my camera blinked "change the batteries" and I decided, that is how I felt too. Wouldn't it be sweet if we could just shut off when we had had enough, and blink "change the batteries".

My battery change, if I could do so, would be a week-long cruise where I could be pampered and not have to cook or clean up after anyone else. While I was away on this spectacular cruise, someone would be repainting and making repairs to my house, and doing all the laundry. And I would return refreshed to a home without a list of to do's.

Ahhh, Energize Me!

No comments: